Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas
Normally, my husband and I are overloaded with Thanksgiving leftovers. I even put it on my meal planner for the month not to cook for the two days after Thanksgiving with the mindset that we will be bringing home several to-go plates of turkey, ham, various sides, and delicious desserts. Unfortunately, this year we came home without a surplus of food. That didn't stop me from putting together a round up of some amazing ideas to turn your leftovers into something completely new!
First thing that comes to my mind is soup. Chop up any leftover meat, add vegetables and broth, heat and eat. A dinner made in minutes!
- Lauren Conrad (remember her?) has showcased a yummy Harvest Turkey Soup. Perfect now the now consistent cooler temperatures around here.
- Just a Taste found a way to reuse the mountains of mashed potatoes left over from your family feast. Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes would pair well with the soups listed or let me honest they will be delicious all by themselves!
- Six Sister's Stuff typically posts recipes that I drool over. This Turkey Corn Chowder is no exception. I think I may purposefully pack leftover turkey from Christmas dinner to make this the next day.....
4. Favorite Family Recipes is another blog that has recipes I cannot wait to try on a regular basis. Their Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole looks so delicious my picky eater husband might even approve!
5. Betsy Life's Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffed Sandwich Rolls give a new spin on the classic leftover turkey sandwich. I've decided cranberry sauce is the greatest sandwich condiment for turkey sandwiches, leftovers or not.
Looking for breakfast ideas, too? Buzzfeed put together a list of 17 ways to turn those lunch/dinner leftovers into delicious breakfast the next morning.
How do you transform your holiday leftovers?